Future Leaders Program
An Opportunity of a lifetime for Aspiring STUDENTS in Switzerland to begin their Supply Chain Networking journey
CSCMP Switzerland Roundtable is seeking to sponsor exceptional undergraduate or graduate student (age 21+) pursuing a career in supply chain management or studying supply chain as part of their curriculum in full time courses. The Future Leaders Program (FLP) is a highlight of CSCMP EDGE – Premier Global supply chain annual event held in the US. Students attend the conference half the time and the other half and support also organising the event.
Highlights and Program Features:
- Complimentary attendance CSCMP EDGE 2022 in Nashville, Tennessee, September 18-21, 2022.
- Over 100 Education sessions at EDGE 2022
- Conference hotel stay and meals as per the conference schedule plan
- Economy flight ticket by CSCMP.ch to attend EDGE 2022
- $150.00 CHF travel stipend
- Annual fees to become a Student CSCMP member
- Attend the Future Leaders Reception among 40 Global selected leaders
- Network extensively with Global Supply Chain professionals
To Participate in the Future Leaders Program:
All Contestants should create a personal write-up essay on ONE of the selected themes below in English composed of 1000 words and send in MS Word with original input. One-page executive summary of the essay in MS PowerPoint to also be included. The theme for your essay will be answering one of these questions below. The selected candidate will demonstrate their ability to think futuristically to deliver potential solutions to the supply chain management industry particularly in Europe. Please choose any one theme for your essay from below:
(1) Digital Technology What new technology do you see as a greatest opportunity for the industry in Europe? Identify the opportunity and challenges to technology adoption.
(2) Sustainability Supply Chain related Carbon emissions are the biggest challenge. What are some of the opportunities for supply chain professionals for introducing sustainability initiatives with biggest impact in Europe?
(3) Future of Work in Supply Chain Supply Chain organisations must adapt to Technology trends changing jobs as well the meet the requirements of new workforce generations. What is something that the supply chain industry in Europe can do to address these challenges and ensure successful Supply Chain careers and adapt to the future of work.
Initial Application requirements:
- Current resume with Full name and contact details
- Proof of age
- Proof of Student University/College enrolment and studying Supply Chain curriculum (as explained in above Eligibility criteria)
- Personal Essay in MS Word for chosen Supply Chain Theme (Details above)
- Please send all above to Matheen Sait at email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org. Last date for application is May 22nd, 2022.
- For further queries please contact Matheen Sait, at above email addresses
Criteria for eligibility for participation:
- Min 21 years of age by September 16, 2022. No exceptions.
- Preferably must be a full-time (undergraduate or graduate student) on-site at a university/college with a major or concentration in Supply Chain Management or Logistics in Switzerland. Other Students in Switzerland doing an associated on-site full-time course or degree where Supply Chain is confirmed to be part of the curriculum (Industrial Engineering, Business, etc) can also apply. No PhD students are accepted
- Students are required to participate in the program from Sept. 16-21 at Nashville, Tennessee, United States. No partial trips will be accepted.
- Preferably a CSCMP Student or another category member. Non-members can also apply however will have to become a student member if selected.
- FLP final nominee will be selected by CSCMP Switzerland Roundtable. Final approval will be made by CSCMP Global in June 2022 and winning student informed for next steps
- EDGE 2022: Must be able to room with another student of the same gender and must be able to participate as early as 6am/as late as 7pm throughout the program
- Copies of age proof, education transcript and recommendation letter from a professor at their university will be requested from final selected candidate before final confirmation. Hence please keep this ready.
If you are interested to hear more about our Educational activities or you are from an Academic organisation and would like to explore partnering with us, please contact the CSCMP Switzerland Education Chair Matheen Sait at email@example.com