What is CSCMP?
CSCMP is a nonprofit association for Supply Chain Professionals founded 50 years ago.
It is based in the U.S. with presence in all continents (71 countries) and RoundTables distributed among the world (21 in Europe), and it’s dedicated to the promotion and dissemination of research and knowledge about Supply Chain Management. It has over 9,000 members, and is the 1st WorldWide Association of Supply Chain Professionals.
What is CSCMP Switzerland?
Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) Switzerland Roundtable was established as a networking platform to share dialogue, knowledge, and insights at the local level.
To lead the supply chain profession by connecting, developing and educating logistics and supply chain management professionals based in Switzerland and the neighbouring countries throughout their careers.
To provide a forum for both CSCMP members and potential members in the supply chain community to CONNECT with like-minded professionals within Switzerland and internationally, DEVELOP leadership and management skills to make professionals more successful, and to further EDUCATE those interested in the supply chain discipline.
Switzerland in the heart of Europe
Over 6,000 companies from all over the world have selected Switzerland as a base from which to build their business across Europe, the Middle East and African (EMEA) market regions.
Investments large and small include European or EMEA headquarters, R&D and intellectual property development, high margin manufacturing, shared services, marketing and sales facilities as well as supply chain management and logistics across a broad business spectrum.
Supply Chain center of excellence
A wide range of international logistics companies have their headquarters in Switzerland and support the country’s excellence as a European logistics and supply chain management center.
CSCMP Roundtable Switzerland is well placed to connect this strong network of supply chain talents, skills and knowledge of professionals and academics across Switzerland consistent with its mission to Connect, Develop and Educate.
What is a roundtable?
Association of Professionals in a geographical area who come together to address issues of Supply Chain that are interesting for the collective, integrated into a global organisation of roundtables that are interconnected.
As a professional not-for-profit organisation, the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals holds these values:
· We operate with the highest standards of integrity.
· We are dedicated to professional development.
· We are an inclusive organisation.
What we do:
- Provide a networking forum for supply chain professionals based in Switzerland and neighbouring countries;
- Enhance professional skills to make members more successful;
- Foster an environment that encourages professional growth through local education, events and networking opportunities;
- Present quality programs that provide knowledge that is meaningful, insightful and of high value to all participants;
- Present volunteers with meaningful responsibilities that enable them to grow professionally and personally;
- Provide continuing professional development and local study groups for those who are seeking professional accreditation programs;
- Create awareness of the significance of supply chain management to business and to the economy.
Enhancing Supply Chain Education
The CSCMP Roundtable Switzerland wants to inspire students, supply chain professionals, and logistics solutions providers to enhance their knowledge of supply chain management. We want to encourage members to drill down into key issues, challenges and opportunities, and to explore how cutting-edge industry technology such as robotics, the IoT and VR can drive supply chains towards full, Industry 4.0 driven automation. If you want to know more about our education ambitions click here or get straight into contact with our Education Chair, Matheen Sait at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more HERE.
Read more HERE.